What is a Learning Disability?
Benefits of Do-IT Profiler
Do-IT Profiler web based tools allow instant access to expert tools and resources providing an in-depth understanding of each person’s abilities. It can identify gaps in skills that may limit progress in education, employment or being able to participate in everyday life.
• Profiler tools help your organisation to take a person-centred and individualised approach to education and training both in educational and residential settings.
• Easy to set up with minimal staff training allowing for quicker and more meaningful conversations and upskilling of staff.
• Reports are instantly available – especially useful if access to some specialist support in some areas is limited.
• Information can be triangulated from more than one source e.g. parents, advisors and other professionals to be able to build a more complete picture of functioning.
• Monitoring tools can measure small( and bigger) but meaningful changes in functioning allowing you to track and record progress and outcomes- this can be used for reporting to Ofsted and reporting for your QA processes.
What’s in the Do-IT Profiler System
We have developed, working with people who are learning disabled and organisations specialising in supporting people with learning disabilities, a suite of tools that are accessible for people with learning disabilities and also helpful, practical and supportive. The choice of modules may be dependent on your organisation focus.
This may contain tools and practical resources for staff and the person to use relating to:
• Understanding your sensory profile
• Understanding social and communication skills
• Supporting your mental well being
• Improving sleep
• Mapping independent skills
• Employability skills